Social Media Marketing Programme
The Social Media Marketing Programme is a practical course developed to build social media skills that will improve a business’s overall online presence.
The programme include 2 separate courses, Level 1 and Level 2, and both have:
- A 1-1 session with the trainer to evaluate the delegate’s understanding and the use of social media within the business
- 6 group workshops
- An additional 1-1 session between workshops 3 and 4 to ensure delegates can implement what they are learning.
The Social media & marketing Level 1 programme will focus on the techniques and skills to develop outstanding content and page designs for your social media platforms. It will:
- Give businesses the tools to develop a bespoke social media marketing strategy along with the basic technical skills to start implementing it.
- Give delegates the skills and confidence to design outstanding social media content, to tell the story of their business, and engage with different channels to maximise their reach.
- Enable businesses to develop and retain existing staff by developing these essential digital skills.
As well as 2 one-to-one sessions, at the start and in the middle of the programme, you will attend 6 workshops that will cover:
- Getting started
- Planning what to post
- Creating social media content strategy
- Setting goals and measuring progress
- Tactics, advertising and scheduling
- Tools to help you be creative
Any individual who is or will be:
- Responsible for posting on social media or web/blog content.
- a permanent employee of the business
- From a broad range of roles including Marketing, Social Media Manager, Owner, Manager, Director.
And the business must:
- be trading
- have a social media presence on Facebook
- have a regular and recent track record of posting on its social media accounts
The course, which is subsidised by Skills Jersey, is £159.99 per delegate.
The Social Media & Marketing Level 2 programme will focus on the best techniques for maximising sales on your social media platforms. It will:
- Build on the skills, techniques and collateral developed in the level 1 course.
- Introduce new tools to create a frictionless customer journeys from marketing to selling, booking or generating inquiries.
- Grow delegates skills and confidence further to supercharge media content, understand insight analytics available, and how to link content across the business’ customer facing digital platforms.
To be eligible for Level 2 delegates must have completed the Level 1 course.
As well as 2 one-to-one sessions, one at the start and another in the middle of the programme, you will attend 6 workshops that will cover:
- Preparing to sell online
- Setting up for selling online
- The nuts and bolts of the sales journey
- Tools to convert that sale
- Google Business
- Supercharging your sales strategy
- the delegate must have completed level 1 for the same business
- the business must have the intention, of selling or booking or expanding services through its social media platforms
The course, which is subsidised by Skills Jersey, if £159.99 per delegate.
The programme is being managed by Jersey Business, delivered by Chris Morris of Interval and is subsidised by the Government of Jersey.
Chris Morris, with over 20 years experience in digital marketing is the founder of digital agency Interval and more recently has established TechAgenda – a community aimed at accelerating business growth using digital marketing technology and strategy.
How will the programme help my business?
Here is what some of the past participants have said about their experience of the programme:
‘I thoroughly enjoyed learning new skills and gained more confidence using Social Media platforms to promote my business. Chris was a fantastic leader and I felt really motivated at the end of each session… I’ve had a fabulous response to my ‘stories’ and ‘work in progress’ posts on Instagram and Facebook and my audience is continuing to grow.’ Lisa Le Brocq, Owner, Lisa Le Brocq Jewellery Design
‘I really enjoyed the course provided by Chris Morris and Jersey Business. It is so relevant for today’s businesses to avoid becoming entropic, to compete and find new markets. It can also save me money as I use my marketing budget much more wisely, understanding how Facebook responds with advertisers for example.’ Ginny Moss, Owner IDology
‘I thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I’ve come away with valuable knowledge I would find difficult to research on my own. The instructor had a clear lesson plan and executed it concisely. A great course that I highly recommend.’ Glen Perotte, Owner Glen Perotte Photographer
‘The course was really useful for a more junior memeber of my team to develop and grow their skills. We worked together to use the projects as an opportunity to content plan for the business and put the things we were learning into context for our own roles. From my perspective it was good to get a refresh on the latest trends and best practices.’ Sarah Sacriste, Head of Marketing, Voisins Department Store