Social Media Marketing Programme
This Social Media Marketing Programme, an online interactive programme, has been developed to support businesses to improve their online presence. It will:
- Give businesses all the tools to develop a bespoke Social Media Marketing strategy for their business along with the basic technical skills to start implementing it, and confidence to continue self-development.
- Give delegates the skills and confidence to design outstanding social media content, to tell the story of their business and engage with different social media channels to maximise their businesses reach.
- Enable businesses to develop and retain existing staff in this emerging essential skill needed in all businesses wanting to remain competitive.
Before the programme starts each of the businesses participating will have their social media platforms audited and evaluated and delegates must commit to attending all 6 x 1&½ hour online sessions. There will also be a longer practical session at the half way point of the programme to enable participants to implement some of the strategies developed in the first three sessions.
Click on the links below for full details on the different elements of the programme:
One hour 1:1 consultation with the trainer to assess the current status of your organisation’s social media.
Creating the content for your social media posts
The first 3 sessions focus on techniques and skills to develop outstanding content for your social media posts. This is essential before embarking upon any marketing campaign.
Session 1: Getting started
- Introduction to writing the content for your social media posts
- The importance of good content for social media posts
- Storytelling techniques
Session 2: Planning
- Planning what to post on your social media
- Where do you start when developing content?
- Different types of content
Session 3: Strategy
- Creating your first social media content together with us
- Content strategy
- Brand audit
During this longer practical session delegates will use their new skills to work on their social media pages and content.
- Implement some of the strategies directly on your business social media platforms
- Ask the trainer questions during the session to maximise the impact of the strategy
Social media marketing
These 3 sessions focus on social media marketing, strategy, tactics, and delivery.
Session 4: Introduction Social media strategy & overview
- Take stock – Where are you now? Your brand? What does it say socially?
- What do others say? How are they saying it? Be digital voyeurs!
- Objectives – what do you want to achieve? Set goals for your business. Measure your progress.
Session 5: Tactics & Strategy
- Tactics – How, when
- Content calendars & curation
- Advertising and boosting & scheduling
- Good looking pages/best practice
Session 6: Delivery
- How to present your business on multiple social media platforms
- The practical process of setting up your page/account
- Tools to help you be creative – get the best looking page yourself
- Content calendars
Who should apply
Any individual who is (or will be)
- Responsible for posting on social media or web/blog content.
- From a broad range of roles within their sector including Marketing, Social Media Manager, Owner, Manager, Director, or a member of the team with responsibility for posting on social media.
To gain a place on the Programme delegates must have Entitled or Entitled for work status.
We are currently running two cohorts, one for the hospitality sector and one for the retail sector
To make an application to participate in the Social Media Marketing Programme please click the relevant button for your sector.
The programme is being managed by Jersey Business, delivered by Chris Morris of Interval and is subsidised by the Government of Jersey.
Chris Morris, with over 20 years experience in digital marketing is the founder of digital agency Interval and more recently has established TechAgenda – a community aimed at accelerating business growth using digital marketing technology and strategy.
Would it help my business?
If you’re not sure how the Social Media Marketing Programme will help your business, here is what some of the past participants have said about their experience:
‘I thoroughly enjoyed learning new skills and gained more confidence using Social Media platforms to promote my business. Chris was a fantastic leader and I felt really motivated at the end of each session… I’ve had a fabulous response to my ‘stories’ and ‘work in progress’ posts on Instagram and Facebook and my audience is continuing to grow.’ Lisa Le Brocq, Owner, Lisa Le Brocq Jewellery Design
‘I really enjoyed the course provided by Chris Morris and Jersey Business. It is so relevant for today’s businesses to avoid becoming entropic, to compete and find new markets. It can also save me money as I use my marketing budget much more wisely, understanding how Facebook responds with advertisers for example.’ Ginny Moss, Owner IDology
‘I thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I’ve come away with valuable knowledge I would find difficult to research on my own. The instructor had a clear lesson plan and executed it concisely. A great course that I highly recommend.’ Glen Perotte, Owner Glen Perotte Photographer
‘The course was really useful for a more junior memeber of my team to develop and grow their skills. We worked together to use the projects as an opportunity to content plan for the business and put the things we were learning into context for our own roles. From my perspective it was good to get a refresh on the latest trends and best practices.’ Sarah Sacriste, Head of Marketing, Voisins Department Store