Barriers to Business
Shape the Future of Jersey’s Business Landscape: Your Voice Matters.
We are excited to invite business owners and leaders to participate in our Barriers to Business focus groups. These focus groups have been commissioned with a clear objective: to identify and address the existing barriers to business in our community. This is your opportunity to have your say and contribute to shaping a thriving environment for business growth and success in Jersey.
What is the purpose of the focus groups?
By engaging a diverse group of participants, we aim to gain insights, identify affected sectors, explore efficient processes, establish common themes and solutions, prioritise interventions and action plans, and uncover long-term strategic projects. The findings from these focus groups will inform a report delivered to the Government of Jersey, ensuring effective and targeted actions to overcome barriers and support business growth.
Which focus group should I attend?
We understand that each industry faces unique challenges, and these focused sessions allow you to delve deep into the barriers and opportunities within your specific sector.
Retail – Thursday, 25th May 0900-1200, Pomme d’Or Hotel
Rural & Marine Economies – Monday, 5th June 0845 -1200, The Royal Yacht Hotel
Construction – Tuesday, 6th June 0800-1100, The Royal Yacht Hotel
Professional Services, Technology & other – Tuesday, 6th June 1400-1700, Royal Yacht Hotel
Hospitality & Tourism – Friday, 9th June 0830-1130, Le Petite Pomme, Pomme d’Or Hotel
Health & Care – Wednesday, 21st June 0830-1130, Le Hocq Suite, Radisson Blu Hotel
All industries – Thursday, 29th June 1500-1800, BDO Hub, Winward House, La Route de la Liberation, St Helier.
- Influence the Future: Your voice and expertise matters. This is your opportunity to shape the future of business in Jersey, making it more conducive to growth and success.
- Drive Positive Change: Be part of the solution by identifying practical interventions and action plans that will directly benefit your business and the wider community.
- Gain Insights: Learn from the experiences of others, discover efficient processes and systems that are working well elsewhere, and apply them to your own business.
- Be Empowered: By participating in these focus groups, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the business landscape, equipping you with the knowledge to make informed decisions.
- Collaborate and Connect: Engage with a diverse group of business owners and leaders, sharing knowledge and experiences. Expand your network and foster valuable connections.
The focus groups are open to a diverse range of participants who can contribute their valuable insights and experiences. A diversity of participants will lead to a more comprehensive understanding of the barriers and a richer discussion that will drive meaningful change and we encourage individuals from various backgrounds and sectors to attend the focus groups and share their expertise.The following individuals are encouraged to attend:
- Business Owners: If you own a business, no matter the size, your perspective is crucial. Your first-hand experiences and challenges will help shed light on the barriers you face and the potential solutions that can be explored.
- Business Leaders: CEOs, managing directors, and executives who lead organisations play a vital role in shaping the business landscape. Your strategic vision and understanding of industry dynamics will contribute to the identification of common themes and effective interventions.
- Entrepreneurs: If you are a budding entrepreneur or have recently started a business, your fresh perspective and innovative ideas are highly valuable. Share your unique challenges and aspirations to contribute to the development of solutions that address the needs of emerging businesses.
- Industry Experts: Professionals with specialised knowledge and expertise in specific sectors or fields can provide valuable insights. Whether you are a consultant, industry analyst, or subject matter expert, your input will enrich the discussions and help develop targeted solutions.
- Associations: Representatives from associations can provide a collective voice for their respective sectors. They can share insights gained from their members and advocate for sector-specific solutions.
- Service Providers: Professionals and organisations that offer business support services, such as, marketing agencies, legal advisors, and consultants, can provide a unique perspective on the barriers faced by their clients and share industry best practices.
*The Government of Jersey has commissioned Jersey Business to identify existing barriers to business and these focus groups are part of this project. In addition to the focus groups, we will also commission a follow up survey and 1:1 interviews. The findings from these activities will inform a report delivered to the Government of Jersey, to help identify both quick wins and longer term strategic projects.